Auction Terms & Conditions PLEASE READ AND REVIEW THE TERMS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO BIDDING. IF YOU HAVE NOT READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT BID. BY BIDDING ON THIS AUCTION, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH AND HAVE ENTERED INTO A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT TO PURCHASE THE ITEM(S) UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
General Terms of the Auction: Information is subject to change. All lots are sold in "As Is-Where Is" condition, with all faults, imperfections and errors of description. Due diligence is the responsibility of the bidder/buyer. All sales are final. No credit card charge backs will be allowed. Purchases may be removed only upon receipt of payment in full. Buyers assume complete responsibility for care of each purchase at time of sale. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. The auction company is not responsible for accidents, thefts, errors or omissions.
1. REGISTRATION: All bidders are required to register and must provide their name, address, daytime phone number, email address and credit card. The card information can not be changed after registration and will be charged if you are the winning bidder. Registration may only be completed with an acknowledgment that the bidder has read and understood all terms and conditions for the auction and online bidding.
Hurst Auction Service, LLC reserves the right to remove any bidder if there is any question as to their credentials or ability to enter into a legally binding contract. Bidders agree to keep their user name and password confidential as they are responsible for any and all activity involving their account. Violations will result in termination of bidder's ability to participate in future auctions conducted by Hurst Auction Service, LLC.
2. BUYER'S PREMIUM, CREDIT CARD FEE & SALES TAX: A Ten percent (10%) buyer's premium will be added to your purchase price; please factor this into your bidding. A Three percent (3%) CREDIT CARD FEE will be charged. Sales tax will be collected on the total, if applicable.
3. CATALOG: Hurst Auction Service, LLC makes every effort to provide accurate photos & descriptions of all auction items listed; however, all items are sold as-is. Bidders are encouraged to attend the scheduled preview as it is each bidder's responsibility to make their own determinations as to the exact condition of each item. Although we provide images of each item, descriptions of auction items, as provided by Hurst Auction Service, LLC, are only our opinion and should not be the sole basis for your bidding decisions. We do not use "stock" photographs or use one photo to represent multiple lots. Hurst Auction Service, LLC Reserves the right to change/alter descriptions as needed to better describe and preserve accuracy.
4. BIDDING: By bidding on any item, the bidder shows acceptance of the terms of the auction. When bidding on items, it is your responsibility to know and abide by any and all local, state and federal laws.
All assets are being sold in "As-Is, Where-Is" condition and with all faults, imperfections and errors of description. Neither the Seller nor Auctioneer makes any warranty, express or implied, as to the nature, quality, value or condition of any asset. Auctioneer and Seller expressly disclaim any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular use. No sale shall be invalidated by reason of any defect or inaccuracy in any description or listing, and no liability shall be borne by the Auctioneer with respect to such errors. All information has been obtained from sources generally believed to be reliable, but the accuracy cannot be guaranteed or warranted by the Auctioneer. Bidder acknowledges it is their responsibility to inspect all assets and to make their own inquires.
You are encouraged to use the Max Bid feature and not bid "at the last second".
The bidding will begin to close at the designated date and time. For your convenience, the closing of items will be on a staggered basis of 1 item every XX seconds (varies per auction). We suggest using the "Live Catalogue" view. Using this view will eliminate the need to refresh your screen.
All of our auctions feature a soft close. If a bid on any item is received within Two (2) minutes of close, that item will automatically extend for Two (2) minutes. Each time there is bidding activity within the last Two (2) minutes of the item close, bidding will continue to extend Two (2) minutes until there is no bidding activity within the last Two (2) minutes of the current close time.
Online bidding is to be understood as a binding contract. Bids are taken with the understanding that the bidder will honor their winning bid with sufficient funds including all applicable taxes and fees. Do not bid if you do not intend to pick up and pay or arrange for your items to be shipped.
5. TECHNICAL ISSUES: Please note that all online auction systems are subject to various internet speeds. Again, you are encouraged to use the Max Bid feature and not wait to bid "at the last second". Enter your bids promptly, to allow the online system to process all bids in a timely fashion. In the event there are technical difficulties related to the server, software, internet or any other online auction-related technologies, Hurst Auction Service, LLC reserves the right to extend, continue or close the bidding. Neither Hurst Auction Service, LLC, nor the software provider, shall be held responsible for the failure of the software to function properly for any reason.
6. PAYMENTS: If you are a successful bidder, the credit card used at registration will be charged and you will receive an email detailing the date(s) and location where you may pick up your items. All credit card transactions must clear before items can be removed. You will be emailed an invoice when your transaction has cleared.
Any items not paid for will be noted and will prevent the individual from participating in any further live or online auctions conducted Hurst Auction Service, LLC. Hurst Auction Service, LLC retains the right to prevent anyone, who does not abide by the terms and conditions of the auction or whose actions are not in the best interest of our client, the Seller, from participating in this and future auctions.
7. PICK UP & REMOVAL: Bidders are responsible for their own removal. Any item NOT picked up by the set time will be considered abandoned back to the Seller. No refunds or charge backs will be granted due to lack of removal at designated times. Removal shall be at the expense, liability, and risk of the purchaser.
Purchases will only be released following full payment. Please ensure that movers or anyone picking up items on your behalf have your paid receipt at the pickup location. No items will be released without a paid email receipt.
Auctioneer shall not be responsible for non-delivery to any purchaser of any lot other than to refund deposit or sum paid on any lot, should Purchaser be entitled to said refund due to Auctioneer error.
8. SHIPPING: Auction Firm does not ship unless noted.
9. UNPAID BALANCES: The purchaser agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred by the auction company in the collection of funds. The purchaser also agrees that a fee of three percent (3%) per month be added to the balance of any unpaid balance due the auction company and any other costs or losses incurred by the purchaser's failure to adhere to these terms. Any debt collection or dispute proceedings will be heard in Clark, Indiana.
IMPORTANT! The Auctioneer will have the option of reselling, removing, storing or abandoning, at the expense and risk of the purchase, items not paid for and/or removed within the specific time. The buyer agrees to pay all deficiencies, legal, collection; transportation and storage expenses associated with delinquent accounts or abandoned items.
CHOOSE WISELY: We want everyone to get a good deal and most will. However, when you bid on the wrong item or decide an item is not suited for your intended use, our clients are not willing to assume the cost of your mistakes. When in doubt about condition, completeness or suitability for intended use, please bid accordingly.
The Auctioneer reserves the right to add or remove items from the auction - split or combine lots - add minimum bids or reserve prices- bid on behalf of the seller to meet reserves - cancel, suspend, extend or reschedule an individual item and or auction event - make changes to the auction closing times or inspection or removal times. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract and/or agreement, or breach thereof, shall be settled in Clark County, Indiana. Auctioneers and Sellers liability shall be limited to the refund of bidders purchase price.
The above-stated Terms & Conditions of Sale cannot be altered except in writing by the Auctioneer.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms